Scritto is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Scritto may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25.05.2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, email address, shipping address, billing address, payment details.
- Your wedding details, guest lists and addresses
- Other information relevant to a transaction.
How your information is collected
We may collect information in the following ways:
- Through our website’s online ordering processes.
- Through online applications which support our ordering process.
- Through direct messages via our social media platforms
- By email
- Over the phone prior to taking your order
- Face to face at a meeting or event.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to deliver or take payment for your order and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- If you have given consent, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers, contests or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. (To stop receiving these messages you can click the unsubscribe link in the email, login to your account or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by following the ‘opt out’ instruction within any such email.
- If you have placed an order and entered your data via our website, you may request we delete all records at any time.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please inform us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Disclosures of your personal data
We will never sell or lease your personal information to third parties.
In some circumstances, we may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below in order to process your order:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Postal/courier providers who we use to deliver your order.
- HM Revenue & Customs and regulators who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Applications and tools that we use to run our business and process your orders: these change regularly and as such are not extensively listed here – Please email us if you require details of these.
One physical and digital sample of my client’s work is kept for photographic, portfolio and marketing purposes. These may often be used as photograph samples for use on my social media accounts and on my website (because they are beautiful, and I like to show off pretty things. These may also be displayed as samples at wedding fairs, events, or client consultations. However, only mock samples with made-up names and details are ever sent out!
If you do not want us to use your artwork for any future marketing activity, then please do let us know.
How long will we keep your data
Client information is stored for 120 days after the job is complete or if it has been decided not to proceed with an order. This includes addresses, guest lists, stationery wording, and ideal client information. All emails will be deleted 12 months after job completion. Booking confirmation will be deleted after 7 years for tax purposes.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
If you have any questions or concerns about how your personal information is used, please feel free to get in touch at email@example.com